The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants On Your Crestview Property
October 15, 2021 - Ants
Ants around Crestview, Florida can cause some major problems for property owners. In fact, ants are some of the most invasive pests in the area, and they can often cause other issues, too, such as posing health risks or doing property damage.
Because ants can be so difficult to deal with, knowing how to identify and remove them is key. In this guide, you’ll learn the best way to eradicate any ant species from around your home or business.
Common Ants In Crestview
While many ants in the area are considered nuisance pests, even the harmless ones can still be incredibly challenging to prevent and control.
One of the main categories of nuisance ants in Crestview is the sugar ant. This term refers to a collection of tiny ant species that are known for seeking out sweet-smelling food items. Some of these specific species include pavement ants, which are black and usually found near sidewalks, and odorous house ants, which emit a smell like rotten coconuts when crushed.
When it comes to ants that cause other problems, carpenter ants and fire ants are frequent offenders. Fire ants are a reddish-orange color and sting. While usually, they don’t cause significant health problems, they can lead to allergic reactions. Also, the bites and stings can burn and sting quite painfully. Carpenter ants cause property damage as they tunnel through wooden structures. They are usually a dark brown to black color.
Why Are Ants So Difficult To Remove
While some property owners assume they can remove ant problems on their own, it is rather challenging to do so. There are many reasons why ants are considered particularly invasive, and these reasons include:
- They have large colony sizes that can span many feet and include thousands of individuals
- They nest in extremely difficult locations to access. Many ant species have colonies that span many feet underground or exist throughout the house inside walls.
- They are resistant to many over-the-counter ant sprays and traps. These might remove some individuals, but they won’t get the entire infestation. These products can also be dangerous as kids and pets might mistake them for candy.
Why Professional Ant Control Is More Effective
While handling ant infestation on your own is usually ineffective, there is one sure way to remove ants for good. The experts at Cadenhead Services Pest Control offer home treatments that you can rely on.
Our services work for the following four reasons:
- We employ highly-trained technicians.
- Our technicians treat the exterior of your home to create a barrier that protects against new ants coming inside.
- We then provide interior teammates if needed to eliminate any and all ants that have made it into your home.
- We offer free re-service if ants reemerge after treatment.
Because of this, our ant control services are the best way to protect your home year-round. Just give us a call today to get started.
A Few Ant Prevention Tips
Ants are one of the more challenging pests to completely keep out on your own, but there are some things you can do in connection with Cadenhead Services Pest Control’s reliable pest control to keep them out.
Mainly, focus on cleaning up food and drink spills and keeping kitchen spaces clean. Make sure to keep garbage cans covered with lids and to remove trash from the property as well. Lastly, seal up entry points around the house by repairing broken screens and installing door sweeps and weather stripping.